Vacancy: WPBSA Facilities Manager
The World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA) is the world governing body for all disciplines of snooker and billiards across the world. The WPBSA is looking to appoint a Facilities Manager based at their headquarters in Bristol.
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 dependent on experience
The Facilities Manager will take the strategic lead on growing the club environment, building infrastructure and ensuring critical links with education, competitions and workforce. In addition, the successful candidate will provide support for generic club development by leading the implementation of the Kitemarking Club Strategy introduced by the English Partnership for Snooker and Billiards (EPSB) within its Whole Sport Development Plan for 2016-2020.
The Facilities Manager will develop schemes across various National Governing Bodies assisting with implementing and ensuring sharing of best practice. Once developed the Facilities Manager will be responsible for the continuous management of schemes and relationships within the scheme, maintaining close contact with the facilities and developing initiatives to drive participation.
Applicants will have experience or knowledge of developing and/or implementing club accreditation schemes within sport or from other organisations (e.g. Clubmark). They will have an understanding / experience of the major external national structures and initiatives that impact on sport development i.e. Sports Colleges, School Sports Partnerships, County Sport Partnerships, Child Protection etc.
Applicants will have an ability to work independently and flexibly, shifting focus between international, national and local priorities and be able to develop effective working relationships with both professional and volunteer staff.
The main duties of the role will include to:
- Develop a comprehensive Club Accreditation Scheme for Snooker clubs/facilities, working closely with and utilising feedback/input from key WPBSA stakeholders such as Sport Development Manager, Coaching consultants, World Ladies Billiards and Snooker, World Disability Billiards and Snooker, World Billiards and National Governing Bodies.
- Develop key resources that assist with the assessment of snooker facilities, key guidance documents for clubs and templates to assist club produce their own development plans.
- Research and understand other sports/organisations quality mark systems to keep scheme current with best practices.
- Design and implement a reporting database alongside the Sport Development Manager to enable clubs to report back membership information that will give key insight into development projects.
- Source key suppliers for scheme industrial benefits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers of industry benefits to enable smooth completion of delivery of those benefits to accredited facilities.
- Establish initial contact with snooker clubs/facilities, engaging them in the club accreditation scheme and demonstrating the benefits from being a member facility. Issuing them initial club accreditation assessment documentation.
- Conduct site visits of the club/facilities carrying out a detailed assessment of which level the club fits within the club accreditation scheme.
- Conduct further site visits to ensure that relationships are maintained and initiatives that drive participation are maintained.
- Assist with enquiries that will enable the clubs to complete their folders, annual health checks and club development plans.
- Check and sign off club folders in agreement with WPBSA and EPSB club accreditation standards.
- Create reports on club progress and meet WPBSA deadlines for reporting to board level progress of scheme.
- Develop relationships with local WPBSA coaches and league secretaries within clubs to gain further understanding of activity within local area to feed into sport development plans.
- Gain an understanding regional funding opportunities for facilitates to be able to promote opportunities to snooker facilities.
- Work with the WPBSA Media Officer to develop a ‘Find a Club’ section on the WPBSA and EPSB website.
- Develop a communication process for clubs to publicise their sport development activity through the WPBSA Media Officer.
The WPBSA is committed to best practice in the care of children and as such this post will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The child protection policy can be found on the WPBSA website at https://www.wpbsa.com/coaching/child-protection-policies/
As the role will involve traveling to various sites it is expected for the candidate must have clean or near clean driving licence.
Applicants should send a covering letter and their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9th December 2016